The recipe: sencha in a mug
1. Prepare 8-10 oz. of boiled water.
2. Measure 2 Tbsp. (10 g) of sencha into the Glass Teapot.
3. Pour the boiling water into the teapot, and brew 30 seconds. On the Glass Teapot, the water should come up to the Ippodo logo on the side.
4. Pour the tea out through the mesh filter built into the lid. Pour out every drop, leaving no liquid left.
5. Enjoy your tea. For the second and third brew, pour on more hot water, and pour the tea out right away, with no brewing time.
With a light body and an eye-opening aroma, this green tea goes well with both sweet and savory breakfasts. Many mornings we pair a simple buttered toast and eggs with this tea. Tomatoes, hash browns, cheeses, and even bacon also have a certain savoriness to them that goes well with sencha.
Put the kettle on, whip up a quick breakfast, and sit down with some sencha to start off your morning.